Concord Coalition to End Homelessness Signature Event
The Talent Show
(The deadline for applications to be a part of the Fall show is July 4th, 2022.)
The Concord Coalition to End Homelessness is planning a talent show fundraiser for October 1st, 2022. The focus of the show is to encourage community involvement in a family friendly environment that is entertaining and serves to encourage support in the mission to end chronic homelessness. With that being said, there are certain rules and conditions that apply to every person, group, and/or organization wishing to participate in the competition. The Coalition’s talent show committee will have sole discretion to set and apply such rules and conditions, as it deems appropriate. If selected, participants must be available to perform at the fundraising event on October 1st 2022.
The Talent Show is open to all ages;
The theme of the 2022 Talent Show is, “The Healthcare Profession has Talent. Submissions for consideration to appear in the 2022 Talent Show need to include at least one performer that works in the healthcare profession. If you have a special talent, but are not in the healthcare profession, we welcome your submission as a potential alternate.
The Committee encourages talent submissions representing a broad range and variety of performing arts and special skills, as approved by the Committee (e.g., singing, dancing, instrumental music, skits, magic, comedy, dramatic readings, martial arts, etc.).
Due to legal constraints, lip-syncing will not be permitted. If performing original music, lyrics will need to be certified at the time of submission;
- All participants shall return a completed and signed Talent Show application;
- Recommended length for acts is 3-5 minutes.
- Useable stage dimensions are 15’ deep, 32’ wide, and 20’ high;
- No pyrotechnics, fire, fireworks or other dangerous activities;
- The Committee’s decision to accept or reject a talent submission shall be final. Decisions of the Committee and those serving as judges of the performances in the competition are final;
- Absolutely no profanity or insensitive material permitted;
- As this is a community event, all material, costumes, props and music must be appropriate for all ages;
- Acts are responsible for their own costumes, props and music;
- All performances will be screened for appropriateness by the Talent Show Committee;
- All performances must be the same as submissions;
- Acts with performers under 18 shall have a written consent form signed by a parent or legal guardian for each such performer; and,
- Participants agree to hold harmless the committee and the Coalition, which are not responsible for injuries, damage or hurt feelings.
For questions about the rules email firstname.lastname@example.org