The following organizations offer services to people struggling with homelessness in the Concord area:
- 211 New Hampshire
- Statewide program providing information and referral to statewide social service providers as well as the New Hampshire homelessness hotline and NH foreclosure prevention program.
- The Friendly Kitchen
- Meals and social support every day
- McKenna House
- Emergency Shelter for individual men and women
- The Friends Emergency Housing Program
- A safe and stable place for families
- Families in Transition
- Transitional and permanent housing and support for individuals and families
- Riverbend Projects to Assist in Transitions from Homelessness (PATH)
- Support and case management for homeless people with mental illness
- Veterans Inc.
- Support and case management for Veterans who are homeless
- Rise Again Outreach
- Sharing God’s love with people in need through a mobile mission bus and prison aftercare. Gently used clothing for people in need.
- Family Promise
- Faith-based support for families moving from homelessness
- Home for Hope
- Find homeless services throughout New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Coalition to End Homelessness
- Information on statewide efforts to end homelessness
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- This is the government-sponsored search engine of more than 20,000 drug and alcohol treatment providers, offering different methods and levels of care across the country.
- Forterus Treatment
- This is the most comprehensive resource for seniors with substance abuse and addiction problems available on the web – well-researched, accessible and covers the spectrum of common problems with seniors, substance abuse and recovery.
NH EMPLOYMENT SECURITY: (603) 228-4100 Service/Intake,
NH Job Fairs:
NH WORKS/American Job Centers: NH Works is committed to assisting every New Hampshire citizen in their search for a job that fulfills their goals. In addition to job listings, our many NH Works career centers throughout the state offer education and training resources at no or minimal cost.45 South Fruit Street, Concord, NH 03301-1140 — Telephone: 603-228-4100, Fax: 603-229-4353
EXPERIENCE WORKS: (866) 397-9757 Toll Free,
NATIONAL ABLE NETWORK: (855) 994-8808 Toll Free, (603) 206-4400 Service/Intake,
Senior Community Service Employment Program: SCSEP is a community service and work based training program for older workers funded by the U.S. Department of Labor. The NH State program is administered by the NH Department of Resources and Economic Development- Office of Workforce Opportunity and operated by Community Action Program, Belknap-Merrimack Counties, Inc.The program is available to low-income individuals age 55 or older who are unemployed and have poor employment prospects residing in Belknap, Merrimack and Rockingham counties. Contact: Program Manager at 225-3295 (Concord) or 1-800-856-5525 or e-mail SCSEP@bm-cap.org.
National Older Worker Career Center: Tel: (703) 558-4200, Fax: (703) 890-1577, Eastern Field Office: NOWCC, 3811 North Fairfax Dr, suite 900, Arlington, VA 22203
Job Support for Individuals With Disabilities:
WORK OPPORTUNITIES UNLIMITED: (866) 709-5249 FAX, (603) 226-8609 Service/Intake, , email@example.com
NH DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION– VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION – CONCORD REGIONAL OFFICE, 2 Industrial Park Drive, Concord, NH 03301, (800) 299-1647 Toll Free, (603) 271-2327 Service/Intake
Job Listings for Age 16-24:
NH JOB CORPS: (603) 695-8800
Jobs Listings for Veterans:
Same Day Work:
LABOR READY: (800) 245-2267 Toll Free 1-800-24-LABOR
Job Search/Placement for Construction:
TRADESMEN INTERNATIONAL: (877) 320-3203 Toll Free
Job Search Assistance for People Who Get Food Stamps:
DHHS: (603) 271-9329 Service/Intake Food Stamp Employment & Training, (800) 852-3345 ext. 9329 Service/Intake Food Stamp Employment & Training
(603) 271-4367 FAX Food Stamp Employment & Training – Email: FSET@dhhs.state.nh.us, Hours: Mon – Fri 8 am – 4:30 pm
Service description: The Food Stamp Employment and Training Program can assist clients with resume preparation, locating employment, referrals to job training programs, and travel reimbursement for job search related expenses. The program does not offer job placement. Travel reimbursement up to $40 per month for 6 months within a fiscal year.
- CENTRAL NH EMPLOYMENT SERVICES: (800) 256-2482 Toll Free, 800 A Job 4 U 2
- NH LEDDY GROUP – BEDFORD, 116 South River Road, Bedford, NH 03110, (603) 666-4051 Service/Intake
- COMPLETE LABOR AND STAFFING, 20 Bridge Street Manchester, NH 03101, (603) 935-9031 Service/Intake
- COWORX STAFFING – MANCHESTER, 836 Candia Road, Unit 1 Manchester, NH 03101, (603) 644-0085 Service/Intake,
- MONROE STAFFING – MANCHESTER 814 Elm Street Manchester, NH 03101, (603) 935-9887 Service/Intake
Medical Field Jobs:
- ASCENTRIA CARE ALLIANCE: 261 Sheep Davis Road Suite A-1 Concord, NH 03301, (603) 224-3010 Service/Intake, firstname.lastname@example.org, HOME HEALTH AIDE SERVICES, IN-HOME CARE
- GRANITE STATE INDEPENDENT LIVING GSIL 21 Chenell Drive Concord, NH 03301-7268, (800) 826-3700 Toll Free, Voice/TTY (603) 228-9680 Administrative Voice/TTY, (603) 225-3304 FAX, , email@example.com, IN HOME CARE, PERSONAL CARE SERVICES PROGRAM PCSP
Other Job Search Listings: