Please join us for a casual & fun gathering where you can learn more about the many different ways that individuals and organizations can volunteer their time to assist CCEH in achieving its mission of ending long-term homelessness in the Greater Concord area.
(Light refreshments and cash bar)
This is a free community-wide event from 5:15PM to 6:30PM on Wednesday February 12th, 2020 at the Hotel Concord, 11 S. Main St.
What you can expect…
There are a wide variety of ways for individuals and groups to get involved, from short-term projects to ongoing roles. Volunteers can: work directly with CCEH clients; help organize and promote events; advocate locally; or join one of CCEH’s committees and other “behind the scenes” roles.
The event begins at 5:15PM. There will be brief remarks at 5:30, when CCEH staff and volunteers will describe CCEH’s programs and events. The evening concludes at 6:30PM. Throughout the event, guests can mingle with CCEH staff and committee chairs to learn more about the specific volunteer roles as listed below:
- Resource Center: Attend to check-in desk, make coffee, put out snacks, sort in-kind donations.
- Emergency Winter Shelter: Assist the shelter staff with an evening, morning, or overnight shift.
- Housing First Concord: Provide transportation to medical appointments, grocery shopping, or other errands to clients who are permanently housed but lack transportation.
- Property Maintenance: Handyman services to help with small projects at the Tom Fredenburg House (Resource Center) and Emergency Winter Shelter buildings.
- Office Administration: File, data entry, and clerical work
- Information Technology (IT): Assist with hardware and software maintenance and technical website issues
- Marketing/ Communications: Create public awareness about CCEH through professional, cohesive and creative messaging. creates all CCEH press release, PSA’s, marketing and media collateral, public relations statements.
- Events Committee: You select how you would like to assist with any of the three CCEH Fundraising events: SouperFest, (New) Bluegrass BBQ and Talent show.
- CCEH Finance Committee: Oversight of CCEH’s financial management.
- CCEH Advocacy Committee: Help shape CCEH’s response to issues that affect people experiencing homelessness.
- Communications Committee: Join the team which works to create public awareness about CCEH through professional, cohesive, and creative messaging.
- (New) CCEH Pillars of Support Initiate: Work with local businesses to coordinate financial support through event sponsorship and verbal support of the importance of ending homelessness in the Greater Concord Area.
- (New) Supportive Housing Development Committee: Help create a model for cost effective, energy efficient and scalable housing options for individuals exiting homelessness.
If individuals are unable to volunteer at this time, CCEH is always in need of financial support at any level. CLICK HERE to make a donation.